Now Hiring Farm Stand/CSA Pack Staff
Cropthorne Farm is a certified organic family farm located on Westham Island, in Delta. We have been growing a diversity of high quality produce since 2009 and are passionate about what we do. Our on-farm stand is open from June until December, carrying a wide array of vegetables, eggs and flowers, all grown on our family farm.
We are looking to fill one full time positions from June until the end of October (and possibly beyond). An interest in local, organic food and retail experience is desirable. Shifts are flexible according to staffing requirements and availability. Shifts available are Monday through to Sunday from 8:45am-6pm.
**Can be combined with farmers market position that we are also hiring for** **There may be the possibility for p/t May start date if interested in Field work**
This is who you are:
- Detail and quality focused
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to work independently
- Physically able to complete tasks, bend, able to lift up to 40 lbs
- Able to manage cash and credit transactions
- Fluent in English
- Passion and knowledge of local agriculture
- Knows how to prepare and cook a variety of vegetables
- Set up and take down the display at the farm stand
- Maintain accurate pricing and signage
- Restock and maintain quality of produce and display while meeting food safety standards
- Serve customers and carry out cash and credit transactions accurately
- Maintain a safe and enjoyable stand experience for customers
- Assist CSA members with on-farm weekly box pickups.
- Assist in packing CSA boxes.
- Bag and weigh items for sale
- Some light field work and gardening around the farm stand
- Other duties as directed
- $14.60-$16.00 per hour plus vacation pay, depending on experience.
- Staff vegetables and flowers for your personal use when available
Please send your resume and covering letter detailing days available and any prearranged days off required by April 13 to email@example.com