Now Hiring Farm Stand Crew
Are you interested in learning about Certified Organic vegetable farming? Do you love working with food? Join our farmstand crew! Learn more below.
Why We’re Hiring
We are hiring two positions for our Farm Stand Crew for when we kick off our main growing season in June.
Our farmstand is stocked with an array of fresh, organic vegetables plus beautiful bouquets of seasonal flowers. Everything is grown right here on our farm and everything is Certified Organic. We are open daily throughout the summer months and love welcoming folks to our farm.
Cropthorne Farm is a 24 acre, certified organic market vegetable farm located on Westham Island near Ladner, BC. We harvest every week of the year and sell our produce at 2 weekly farmers markets in Vancouver, at our farmstand, through our 3 seasonal CSA programs serving 300+ members and to top Vancouver restaurants. Our CSA is based on a sliding scale model which ensures more people can access local, organically grown produce.
We focus on annual field crops, in addition we have 4 greenhouses for summer crops as well as winter growing. We are passionate farmers who love what we do and are excited to share our knowledge with others as well as creating a strong sense of community both within our farm team and beyond into the greater community.
With the help of crew, family and the fertile farmland of the Fraser Delta, we are able to produce some of the best Certified Organic produce in our region.
Our farm stand crew’s primarily responsible for the successful functioning of our farm stand in its day-to-day operations. Main responsibilities include providing an excellent customer service experience, setting up and maintaining product displays, and overseeing transaction completion.
- Set up and take down the display at the farm stand
- Restock and maintain quality of produce and display
- Serve customers and carry out cash and credit transactions
- Assist CSA members with on-farm weekly box pickups.
- Assist in packing CSA boxes.
- Some light field work and gardening around the farm stand
You enjoy being part of a team, are a positive team mate and can communicate easily and effectively with the rest of the crew. Ideally you’d have a passion and knowledge of local agriculture as well as knowledge of how to prepare a variety of vegetables or a keenness to learn.
While these positions are seasonal, we would love to have the right candidate overwinter and join our permanent full-time crew should they be a good fit.
Key Qualifications include:
- Detail and quality focused
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to work well in both a team environment and independently.
- Physically able to complete tasks, bend, able to lift up to 40 lbs
- Able to manage cash and credit transactions
- 1 position full-time June 1st-October 30th, Tuesday-Saturday
- 1 position part-time mid June-October 30th, ideally Friday & Sunday
- Compensation – based on experience, in the range of $16.00 – $17.50 per hour plus 4% vacation plus access to farm produce and flowers and five paid sick days.
Email your cover letter and resume to Lydia at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15th, 2022
We look forward to hearing from you.
In the meantime, if you have any questions send us an email!