About our CSA’s
Our 2017 Summer Season is full.
Have an account and need to sign in?
WHAT IS A CSA?
A CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) is model of agriculture in which members pay up front for a share of the coming year’s harvest. Members receive a weekly box of produce throughout the growing season. By paying up front, members help farmers by providing us with early season cash flow and with a guaranteed market. Members benefit by receiving fresh, local and nutritious produce and gain an understanding of where their food comes from and how it is grown.
2017 is our 8th CSA season and our 9th year farming and with the help of staff, family and amazingly fertile farmland we are able to produce some of the best quality produce in the region.
Our CSA services the communities of Delta (Ladner, Tsawwassen) as well as Vancouver
WHY SUPPORT OUR CSA?
- Put a face to your food. Direct connection between you and your family and us, your local farmers.
- Expand your culinary horizons and to eat seasonally. Try things that you typically would not buy. But don’t worry we will send out recipes for garlic scapes, purple sprouting broccoli and kohlrabi.
- Taste! Everything is fresh, in season and at its peak.
- You support the local economy. We hire local staff and the purchase our supplies locally too so your membership keeps your food dollars in the community.
- You support local, small scale, Certified Organic agriculture.
- Your food miles are reduced and you are contributing to regional food security and farmland preservation.
- You can come visit the farm and get your hands dirty…if you want! We welcome members to visit to get a hands on look at their food production and we host an autumn potluck and field tour for members.
- Free Flower (throughout the summer months) and Pumpkin (in October) U-Pick at the farm.
- Weekly newsletter, full of recipe ideas, photos and farm stories.
- Conveniently add additional produce to your share through our members only Webstore.
- Flexible vacation hold policy. Members can place their box on hold, (twice in summer, once in winter) for credit towards next season or for produce from the webstore.
- Members receive many seasonal and specialty items that we do not market anywhere else.
Our CSA programs
Our Summer CSA is 20 weeks, it starts in mid June and ends in late October.
- There are 3 share sizes
- Summer pickup locations include the farm in Ladner and home in Tsawwassen, as well as in Vancouver at the the Main St Farmers Market and Kitsilano Farmers Market.
- Pickup days depend on location but include Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Our Early Winter CSA is 8 weeks, it starts in early November and ends mid December.
- There is 1 share size
- Early Winter pickups are at the farm, at the Nat Bailey Farmers Market or Hastings Park Farmers Market
- Pickup days are Saturdays or Sundays
Our Deep Winter CSA is 10 weeks, it starts in early January and ends late April
- This box is customizable and varies in size as it is up to you what you will receive.
- Deep Winter pickups are at the farm.
- Pickup days are Saturdays
A limited number of Egg shares are available each season to add on to your vegetable share. Your choice of weekly or biweekly share of a dozen eggs from our Certified Organic pastured hens.